Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Clean jars with basic ingredients


Not a food related post, but after finishing a jar of pesto a while back, it got me thinking. It was such a cute little mason jar, I couldn't not keep it around for something.

I've seen a lot of different methods on Pinterest about ways to remove the labels from jars, but a lot of them use things I don't normally have on hand, like coconut oil. At least in my house, we don't use this for anything, so I really don't feel like buying it to see if it works, or wasting my peanut butter as I've seen done also.

My mom always uses rubbing alcohol to remove sticky things from easy plastic, like stickers on plastic folders and the like. So I did an experiment. I tried straight rubbing alcohol on my jar to see if it worked. Alas, it did not. Time to get creative. I got out the trusty baking soda and sprinkled some on the label. I then squirted a little rubbing alcohol on the spot, grabbed a paper towel and what do you know, it rubbed right off!



I think this is a much handier way to remove labels since it's likely most people have these two items on hand. If not, there are tons of other uses for these two products!


I still don't know what I'm going to do with this jar, but for now it's shiny clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?