Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Chicken Salad

I had some of the best chicken salad I've tasted a few months ago at a cute little bistro while we were out of town for a wedding. Since then, I've been trying to recreate it. It's not the exact same, but I'm satisfied with how close I came with this recipe!

chicken salad with apples

Chicken Salad


1 chicken breast, boiled and shredded (mine yielded a loose 2 cups)
2 green onions, diced
1/2 C diced celery
1 Granny Smith Apple (about a cup)
1/3 C fat free mayonnaise
2 T light sour cream
1 t lemon juice
1/4 t celery salt
1/4 t black pepper

Combine the first four in a bowl. I waited until I was ready to combine with the sauce before I cut and added the apple so it wouldn't turn brown. I also used an apple slicer that cut my apple into 8 slices - I had one slice leftover which made a nice snack for the cook ;-)

Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir well until blended. Pour over the dry ingredients. I used a spatula to make sure I wiped the bowl clean and got all of the sauce.

Serve on fresh wheat bread for great summertime sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?