Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Being Bold

I've been struggling with being bold lately. Well, probably all my life since I am incredibly shy; now I just know how I want to label it. Luckily I've found some verses lately that instill in me a peace and calm about myself. Here's one of them.

Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
Isaiah 43:4-5

This verse lets me know I'm perfect the way I am. While being bold is definitely something I'm going to continue working on, having peace right now is huge. I think having peace is the first step, and boldness will follow naturally.

Something as simple as when I went out early Christmas shopping last week. I mumbled my usual "I'm fine" to the inquisitive store associates and quickly walked away because I'd rather not face my shyness. But this time, after I walked away, I could feel the little boldness bubble up, so I turned around and asked my questions despite being fearful of my shyness.

I know it's something silly, but doing something like that, and recognizing the change, helps me to know I'm on way and I can be bold in anything. This blog is another step for me. Sharing with whoever out there is in itself "being bold" so I hope I can continue.

I love these verses right now:

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
Psalm 37:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?