Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankfulness

I know I'm quite late for a Thanksgiving thankful post, but I'm going to go on anyway.

We spent almost two weeks out of town visiting family back in Illinois for Thanksgiving, and hunting season for my husband. While we were back, we got a real reminder of how precious and short life can be. My dad had a heart attack halfway through our visit. He is recovering, but gave us all a big scare, including himself.


So, this Thanksgiving and holiday season I am extremely thankful for family, and the opportunity to be able to travel to see everyone. We generally only make it back to Illinois once a year, and I am beyond thankful it was during this time.

As I sit here looking at thankful verses over and over I need to remember every single thing in my life is a gift from God. Most importantly, my salvation through Jesus; even more poignant as we near the Christmas season and remember His birth.

"Give thanks to the LORD for he is good, His love endures forever"
Psalm 136:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?