Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Easy Homemade Candy

I don't normally make candy. My mother-in-law and her mother make lots of different kinds. Last year when we were visiting, there was a new kind that I really enjoyed.

So, this year when we were visiting for Thanksgiving, my husband's grandmother had bought me the candies used to make the candy since it was evident I was a fan. She likes these candies she got in Michigan, but I'm sure any white chocolate candy used for melting will do.

This is absolutely the easiest homemade candy ever, so I have to share. I'm not even sure what's it's called, so we'll call it:

White Candy

white chocolate melting candies
Golden Grahams cereal

That's it!

Here's how you make this ridiciously easy goodness:

1. Melt the white chocolate candies in a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler, improvise like I did:

2. Stir in the cereal until it is evenly coated. You can add a small batch of cereal at a time to make sure you don't run out of the chocolate.


3. Spoon out bite-size portions of the chocolate covered cereal onto wax paper (or aluminum foil since I didn't have any).

4. Let the chocolate set and harden. Once it has, place on a plate or in an airtight container.

5. Enjoy!

Beware, these candies go fast! I made a batch using about half a bag of the candies for six people and it was gone in about three hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?