Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Love for a Purpose

I've been doing some soul searching lately, and with recent events, I've really felt that God is trying to teach me something. I'm not exactly sure yet what that is, but I think a big part is really looking at my idea of God's love.

walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 5:2 

We've been going through Ephesians at the new small group we started attending and love is definitely front and center in this book. I've felt God tugging on my heart, wanting me to be reminded just how much he loves me. Not the me that I think I should be or the me I used to be, but he loves the me I am right now. That's awesome! And it's something I've needed to remember lately.

It doesn't matter what our circumstance is; we don't have to just be biding our time and waiting for something better to come along, we have His love now. We are important to Him; we have a purpose for which He created us. Probably one of my favorite verses that brings me comfort:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

I love this verse because it shows us that we are loved now, and we can have dreams. He wants us to have those God-given dreams, why else would He give them to us! Knowing He loves us can certainly make the waiting time in between much easier.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

That means even the waiting you're doing now is worth it in the end! Patience in the meantime is certainly a virtue I know I need help with learning.

The other things I love in this verse: purpose. We all have a purpose, just like in the verse from Jeremiah tells us. We are all a big deal in God's eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?