Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Menu Planning

I'm incredibly indecisive by nature, so even a simple task of choosing what to make for dinner is tedious for me. Enter menu planning. I started menu planning just a few months after we got married and have been doing it since. I generally do three weeks at a time, but that is only because the dry erase calendar I found has room for three weeks, :)

I find that menu planning saves time and money. I can set out the necessary meat and ingredients to thaw the night before or in the morning so it is all ready to go by dinner time. I also only buy things that I will need for my meals, so I can keep grocery shopping costs low.

Here is my menu plan for this week. We are carbo-loading since my husband is running his first marathon Saturday! I'm so proud of him and can't wait to meet him at the finish line.


Monday: Grilled marinated porkchops and steamed veggies
Tuesday: Arroz con pollo
Wednesday: slow cooker sloppy joes
Thursday: Spaghetti
Friday: Homemade pizza (might switch this since it's before race day)
Saturday: Baked Mostecoili
Sunday: Sandwich roll and chips


I'll be sharing a couple of these recipes in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?