Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Spinach Artichoke Dip

About two years or so ago we discovered we enjoyed both spinach and artichokes. It might seem silly to some, but these were two ingredients I never really used before.

I've mentioned before my love affair with cheese, so of course we are HUGE fans of yummy dips like this one. I've had both cold and hot versions of this dip and prefer the warm. After browsing through some recipes, I came up with the following based on what I had on hand and the flavor I was hoping to achieve. I'm so thankful my husband trusts me when I'm experimenting in the kitchen!

Slow cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip

(This recipe can easily be doubled, but for the two of us, was just right)

4 oz Neufchâtel cheese
1/2 lb Velveeta queso blanco (If you can get this variety, I highly recommend it)
5 oz. frozen spinach, thawed
1/3 can chopped artichoke hearts, drained
1/4 C salsa (you can do a little more than this, I eyeballed it)

Simply place all ingredients in a crockpot. Stir occassionally to mix well. Heat on low for a few hours until everything is melted. Serve with crackers or chips. 

We ate it with Wheat Thins Great Plains Multigrain Toasted Chips and it was amazing! The Ritz crackers were a little too dry with this, so experiment with different kinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?