Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Stop Staining Your Plastic Storage!

I love spaghetti sauce or anything tomato based, but when it comes to storing it, I dread putting it in my nice new plastic storage containers. The inevitable redness turns the crisp clean clear to a perpetual dirty looking orange.

My wonderful engineer husband realized this one for me and I'm thankful my newer containers have been spared from the despicable orange hue stain!


Simply place plastic cling wrap over the container. You'll want to use two pieces, each one laying the opposite direction to make sure once filled, the whole container is protected. I only thought of this post after I had filled my container so you can enjoy my lovely paint diagram below:

The great thing about this is the clean up is much easier since there aren't chunks of sauce or stains to scrub! You can also easily grab both edges to lift the contents and move it to a bowl or pan for reheating, etc.!

I do caution you - this isn't full proof, you can have leaks, but hopefully it will still be minimized. Also, be sure the plastic does not rip and get into your food. I haven't had this happen yet, but it is worth a warning. And lastly, do NOT heat up the leftovers in the container with the plastic wrap! You do not want melted plastic in your food!

My container in these pictures has a slight hue from a melted cheeseburger - you can see the circle. :-( However, I wanted to use the actual container I stored this tomato sauce in and show how it worked!


Overall, I love saving my containers from the stain, and I hope this works for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?