Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Homemade Fajita Seasoning

I love making fajitas. They are a quick and easy meal with lots of flavor. I also have a few other recipes that use the seasoning packet, but I don't always have it on hand. So, last time I needed a small amount, I looked at the ingredient list from a package and decided to try my own. I figured I didn't have much to lose since I already had a back up!

This recipe makes a pretty small amount. I would say this might be good for a serving of fajitas for two, unless you like it extra seasoned. So please double or triple the batch if needed!


Fajita Seasoning

3/4 t cumin
1/2 t chili powder
1/4 t oregano
1/4 t onion powder
1/8 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1 drop of lemon juice

Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Add the lemon juice mixing quickly so the spices don't congeal on your spoon. You may need to "smash" extra wet areas to ensure thorough mixing.

Use in your favorite recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?