Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Scotcheroos!

There probably isn't too much variation on this recipe out there, but this is really one of my favorite desserts from growing up, and I haven't had it in awhile. Both of us were craving it, well, my husband decided he was after I mentioned the possibility of making it! Plus, it helped me use up some pantry items!

Also, I always seem to meet a person here and there that has never had this treat. So you may just be able to introduce someone to a great new dessert!

 

Scotcheroos

1 C sugar
1 C Karo syrup
1 C peanut butter
6 C rice cereal
3/4 package chocolate chips
3/4 package butterscotch chips

In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, syrup and peanut butter. Heat on low and stir until it is well mixed and a smooth consistency. Pour in the rice cereal. I usually do a small amount at a time to keep it moving and hopefully keep the smashing to a minimum.

Pour out the cereal mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.

In a smaller saucepan, combine the chips. Heat on low, stirring constantly. I do it this way and the chocolate mixture ends up almost whipped. You can also use a double boiler if you have one, or improvise like I've done before.

Once completely melted, pour over the cereal mixture and spread evenly using a spatula. Don't forget to lick the spoon when you're done! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?