Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

DIY: Spare Change Jar


I made this spare change jar a few months back. I had cleaned out another candle and jar and decided I needed to empty my wallet of all it's change - which needless to say, wasn't too much! The change sat in the plain jar for quite a while before I got bored with the glass.

I enjoy scrapbooking when I find the motivation to do so and I knew I had a lot of scrap paper that could dress up the jar. (I had done a similar project with our date night drawing jar which I'll share soon.) You may have to cut your paper to a different size depending on what candle jar you are using.

My scrapbook paper is 12" x 12" and my scrapbook has 8.5" x 11" pages. The long 3.5" x 12" strip I cut off fit almost perfectly inside the empty candle jar! The best part also is that you can customize this jar pretty easily with different paper for different rooms or even holidays!


1. Roll your chosen paper into a small cylinder to fit into the jar.

2. Gently spread out the paper so it reaches the edges of the glass. Take care not to wrinkle the paper.

3. Put a small dot of glue or use double stick tape where the paper overlaps to keep it in place.

4. Decorate the outside with letter stickers or glue on paper stickers. The stickers I used were on a clear paper, giving a nice see-through effect to show off the paper I chose.
 5. Set your decorative jar any where! It's no longer an eye sore in your home :)


(Quick aside: the "G" on my jar is actually made from a "Q" that I cut into shape since I was all out of "Gs" in these stickers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?