Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Date Night Jar


I had seen several different date night jars on Pinterest and was intrigued. We go out a decent amount, but we can easily get stuck in a rut and I liked the idea of choosing something for the evening to make it fun.

My husband was on board with me so one afternoon we sat down together and wrote out different date ideas on small pieces of paper I had already cut up for us. If the date was weather specific (like going to see a baseball game had to be in summer) we put either a sun or a snowflake on the outside to indicate to the person drawing the date. We tried to get a good mix of cheap and expensive dates as well as at home and going out dates.

I took an old candle jar and lightly glued scrapbook paper to the outside of the jar. I spread a little bit of white glue on the paper and smeared it using a scrap piece of paper. I then pushed out any bubbles using my straight edge for scrapbooking and cardmaking.

I used the same size scrapbook paper I did with my spare change jar, but it was a little short being on the outside rather than on the inside. I added a small additional piece of scrapbook paper to cover the hole and provide a label for my jar.

In went all of our date ideas!

We take turns drawing a date each week and whomever draws the date is in charge of planning the date. We try to do this every week unless we have a) done a lot lately and should save some money or b) we already have something planned for the week.

Some of our dates in the past have been:
* at home game night for two
* going out for icecream
* candlelit dinner
* couples painting class
* hockey game
* iceskating
* horseback riding
* at home movie night (rent from Redbox with a code or OnDemand)
* shooting at the gun range

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?