Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Not every one is a winner...

I tried my hand at converting one of my simple baked chicken recipes to the crock pot this weekend. Needless to say it did not turn out very well! But, I feel the need to be honest that it was a failure, and offer the encouragement I'm giving to myself - to not give up!

In the devotional I'm reading, the Bible passages I've been reading and the verses I've seen lately have all dealt with not giving up and pursuing your dream. Our sermon yesterday was about having faith in all situations, the good and the bad, and I think this really applies to not giving up in your circumstance; and definitely something of which I need reminding!

While a new recipe idea not working out is minutely small compared to the big stuff, I think it's an easy example we can use to relate the big idea to every area of our lives. Because as long as you're working toward something and doing it with the right purpose in mind, you can have success.


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the LORD, not for human masters
Colossians 3:23

Starting this blog was a big step of faith for me, as is working freelance full time. I've been feeling afraid of failure lately but I'm realizing these constant reminders are letting me know that I'll never know unless I try. The best part is I have my loving Savior to back me up for He will never leave me nor forsake me!

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but fives us power, love and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

So for anyone out there reading, I sincerely hope you feel encouraged and remember to not give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?