Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fresh Greek Salad

I think I've shared on here before that I'm not exactly the best with side dishes. Needless to say, when there is a potluck and everyone needs to bring a side or salad, I'm usually at a loss. That was until I found a recipe card from my wedding shower hidden in my box.

This is a great, fresh salad that is perfect for potlucks. My husband's work does a potluck every few weeks so I made this the most recent time. There is quite a bit to the salad, so it can feed a decent size crowd. And of course my favorite requirement in a recipe - you can easily change it to your tastes!

potluck salad

Greek Salad

2 cucumbers
1 zucchini
2 green peppers
1 onion
grape tomatoes (I used almost all the container)
1 C sugar
1/2 C vinegar
1/2 C olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic powder

Chop all of your vegetables into bite-sized pieces and combine in a large bowl. This can be a time consuming task - which is one reason I like to use grape tomatoes since you can really just wash and throw in the bowl if you like! You can always add different vegetables you prefer; I would suggest maybe trying cauliflower or broccoli.

In a medium sized bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar and olive oil. Whisk or combine with a fork until the sugar has dissolved in the liquid. Add your salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. I also like to sprinkle my veggies with some of the seasoning as well.

Pour the dressing over your vegetables and stir it up. Refrigerate the salad. It may need to be stirred occasionally as it can get a little soupy, but I think it has the great balance between sweet and freshness I crave in a salad.


With spring supposedly here and summer around the corner, I hope this gives some of you another option for all those potlucks and picnics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?