Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Puppy Chow

This sweet snack is so tempting and never lasts long around our house! I made a batch a bit back for our group and it's too easy to just keep eating and eating until it's gone, but it's so yummy that way!

I realize the recipe is on the box of Chex cereal, but the recipe I use is different. I got it from a friend of mine's mom who I've known since kindergarten. Oh, and it's most definitely called Puppy Chow, not Muddy Buddies ;)

Puppy Chow

9 Cups Chex cereal (I like to use corn or rice)
1/2 C peanut butter
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C butterscotch chips
1/4 C butter
2 t vanilla
1 1/2 C powdered sugar (plus extra if you want to add)


Melt the peanut butter, butter and chips in a saucepan on the stove. You can do this in the microwave, but I have such bad luck melting chocolate in there I prefer to watch it on the stove. My trick is to constantly stir the mixture and keep it on low heat. This prevents the chocolate from sticking and burning to the pan.


Add the vanilla to the melted mixture and mix well. Pour the mixture over the cereal and mix/stir/use your hands until it is coated well.

Pour the powdered sugar into a gallon size zipped bag. Add the cereal mixture. Seal well and shake it! This was my favorite part as a kid, and probably still is! Add more powdered sugar if you would like it to be coated more.

Enjoy your snack and reminisce about childhood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's nourishing you today?